Download the latest International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society Newsletters:
Home of Canada’s 3D & Advanced Imaging Society
Established in February 2013, the Society’s mandate is to foster 3D and Advanced Imaging innovation in art, science and technology through advocacy, education and celebration of its development and use in Canada. This mandate is an extension of the International goals. In 2009, the International 3D Society headquarters was founded in Los Angeles to advance the art and technologies of stereoscopic 3D content and its professional innovators through education, hands on demonstrations and recognition. We would also like to thank professional seo services in edmonton for building our website and our hosting. The Society joined with various consortiums with the mission to accelerate the commercialization of 3D into homes worldwide and provide the best possible viewing experience by facilitating the development of standards, roadmaps and education for the entire 3D industry. In 2013, the Society’s mandate was expanded to included advanced imaging topics like UltraHD, 4K, autostereo, projection, virtual reality and VFX. The Canada Chapter of the International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society is a non-profit.
To build a thriving a community, the following principles will guide the society:
- We provide opportunities for cooperation between our members by facilitating regular events in Canada that bring together the 3D and Advanced Imaging community.
- We intend to be national in our engagement while respecting the regional diversity within Canada with our approach.
- The Canadian Chapter is open to any individual, business or organization that are, or intend to be active in progressing 3D and advanced imaging into an exciting new era of creative achievement and consumer adoption.
- Awards nominations and receptions on a National and Global scale
- Community events free for members, masterclasses and conferences to compliment community events
- Reports, market data and monthly newsletters
- Activities that connect filmmakers, artists, media professionals and engineers together to foster relationships and collaborative projects
What members and policy makers have to say
About the last conference in 2013
The 3D[FWD] 2013 event was probably the best first time International 3D and Advanced Imaging Society event that any chapter has done. This one could not have gone any better, I am excited to see what other community events the S3D Centre and the Canadian 3D & Advanced Imaging Society deliver.
Jim Chabin, President, International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society
Thanks to all the sponsors, speakers and organizers for such a great first 3D[FWD] conference in Vancouver last week. Special thanks to all at the S3D Centre at Emily Carr for giving our community such extra “Depth”.
Ian McDonald, Digital Researcher/Advisor at the University of British Columbia