Established in February 2013, the non-profit Society’s mandate is to foster 3D and Advanced Imaging innovation in art, science and technology through advocacy, education and celebration of its development and use in Canada. This mandate is an extension of the International goals. In 2009, the International 3D Society headquarters was founded in Los Angeles to advance the art and technologies of stereoscopic 3D content and its professional innovators through education, hands on demonstrations and recognition.
The International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society joined with various consortiums with the mission to accelerate the commercialization of 3D into homes worldwide and provide the best possible viewing experience by facilitating the development of standards, roadmaps and education for the entire 3D industry. In 2013, the Society’s mandate was expanded to included advanced imaging topics like UltraHD, 4K, autostereo, projection, virtual reality and VFX.
The following principles will guide the society:
- We provide opportunities for cooperation between our members by facilitating regular events in Canada that bring together the 3D and Advanced Imaging community.
- We intend to be national in our engagement while respecting the regional diversity within Canada with our approach.
- The Canadian Chapter is open to any individual, business or organization that are, or intend to be active in progressing 3D and advanced imaging into an exciting new era of creative achievement and consumer adoption.
- Awards nominations and receptions on a National and Global scale
- Community events free for members, masterclasses and conferences to compliment community events
- Reports, market data and monthly newsletters
- Activities that connect filmmakers, artists, media professionals and engineers together to foster relationships and collaborative projects
About The International 3D and Advanced Imaging Society
- 60 companies and 500 professional members
- the Technology and 3D Creative Awards programs are held every year honouring the best in 3D and are are open to international members
- worldwide meetings, workshops and demonstrations
- Content creators, developers and editors, broadcasting and distribution companies, software, hardware and workflow tool manufacturers, standards bodies, and research and educational institutions are members
- Member companies include: The Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, DreamWorks Animation (DWA), Sony Pictures Entertainment, Samsung, IMAX, ESPN 3D, 3net, CCTV China, BSkyB UK, 3D Consortium France, Korea Telecomm, Panasonic, Sony Electronics, Sony Playstation, StereoD, Intel, Microsoft, Vizio, 3ality Technica, RealD, MasterImage 3D, XPAND, and Dolby, among others Korea Telecomm, Panasonic, Sony Electronics, Sony Playstation, StereoD, Intel, Microsoft, Vizio, 3ality Technica, RealD, MasterImage 3D, XPAND, and Dolby, among others
- Visit: www.International3DSociety.com, www.3DatHome.org, and 3DUniversity.net to explore the full range of 3D information available.
Canadian Members Interests:We are constantly surveying and tracking our members attendance at events to see what they are interested in.
The Canadian 3D & Advanced Imaging Society values all these members and enjoys connecting them with one another in creating some truly outstanding business and personal relationships.
WHO WE ARE
We foster 3D and Advanced Imaging innovation in art, science and technology through advocacy, education and celebration of its development and use in Canada.
We build a connected community through:
- Events, workshops, conferences
- Reports & newsletters
- Advocacy efforts
- Awards recognition
- Opportunities for members to speak at international events